Getting Started with the Process Capability Database
The Process Capability Database (PCDB) is an internal database within 3DCS Variation Analyst Version 7.3. It allows users to create specific tolerance values and then link them to a tolerance in a 3DCS model.
In this Tips and Tactics, we will go over how to add, create and edit the Database, and how to add a link to a tolerance from the DB.
In 7.3, the Process Capability Database (PCDB) has brought a variety of new functions to 3DCS.
Here’s a short list:
- New PCDB editor: Edit, create and/or delete tolerances in Excel or the internal PCDB editor.
- Faster and easier tolerance creation with additional tools linking to the PCDB
- Added Help, Summary, and Editor buttons
- Two new displays for Linked or Broken tolerances; from the PCDB to the model
- Added a Browse icon to import created PCDB files (.csv)